The music and entertainment at a wedding can totally make or break the vibe of your day, so make sure you hit every detail and hire the right pros! Whether you’re looking for a string quartet, live band, or DJ, we have questions to ask when interviewing them as well as a Wedding Entertainment Checklist and Timeline!
Questions to Ask Your Wedding Entertainment
- Are you available for my wedding date?
- How many weddings does your company service in a day?
- Can I get a contract in writing?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- What deposit do you require?
- When is the final payment due?
- Can you share some reviews with me?
- How many years of experience do you have?
- How far in advance should I book with you?
- Do you have any travel fees?
- Who will be performing at my wedding?
- How much space will you need?
- How long will you perform?
- What happens if the reception runs long?
- Do you have a standard music list?
- Can I give you a “Must Play” and “Do Not Play” list?
- Will you take song requests?
- Do you provide sound equipment?
- Do you provide uplighting?
- What kind of breaks do you require? Can you play music during that time?
Additional Questions to Ask a DJ
- Do you have videos of the DJ playing at an event?
- Do you provide any other entertainment?
Additional Questions to Ask a Band
- Can you learn songs for my wedding?
- Do you have videos of the band playing at an event?
- How many meals do you require? What are your rider requirements?
WEDDING ENTERTAINMENT CHECKLIST + TIMELINE
- Interview DJs and musicians
- Book DJ and musicians
- Ask your venue what sound and electrical capabilities they have for entertainment
- Begin creating “Must Play” and “Do Not Play” song lists
- Listen to The Wedding Guys Spotify Playlists to get inspired for your ceremony, reception, bachelorette, and more!
- Choose ceremony and reception music with DJ and musicians
- Music during ceremony (Ex: unity ceremony music)
- Entrance Music
- First Dance
- Father Daughter Dance
- Mother Son Dance
- Create a timeline of music with DJ and musicians
- TIP: If they are also emceeing, go over the name pronunciation of your wedding party prior to the wedding day
- Confirm contracted services
- Review set times and all production needs
- Confirm arrival and set times
- Send band, DJ, etc. a day-of schedule and floor plan layout
OR CLICK THE BELOW IMAGES TO SAVE TO YOUR CAMERA ROLL
Be sure to check out our other planning checklists!