Whether you’re going simple with a single bridal bouquet or all out with a grand floral installation, flowers add a lush and romantic element to any wedding. And with so many details to consider, a Wedding Floral Checklist and Timeline will be super helpful when meeting with your florist. Keep scrolling to discover the full list plus what questions to ask when selecting the right florist for you.
Questions to Ask Florist
- Are you available for my wedding date?
- Do you have a minimum budget spend?
- What deposit do you require?
- When is the final payment due?
- How many weddings does your company service in a day?
- Can I get a contract in writing?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- Can you share some reviews with me?
- How many years of experience do you have?
- How far in advance should I book with you?
- Do you have any travel fees?
- Can I see a portfolio of your work?
- How would you describe your design style?
- How long do you need to set up?
- What is your return policy on vases and other rentals?
- Are you familiar with my venue?
- What flowers are in-season for my wedding?
- Do your prices include installation?
- Do you have pre-designed items or can I customize my flowers?
- Do you offer other decor items? Will you help set them?
- Do you offer floral preservation services?
- When should I finalize the order?
- Will you be doing my arrangements yourself or would it be another member of your team?
- Will you work with my baker to add flowers to my wedding cake? Is there an additional setup fee for this?
- Will you transfer flowers between my ceremony and reception if the location varies?
- When will you deliver to my venue? Will you provide clean-up?
WEDDING FLORAL CHECKLIST + TIMELINE
- Get inspired on Pinterest and floral image galleries
- TIP: Look at flowers that are in-season during your wedding to help keep costs down
- Discuss floral arrangements and restrictions with the ceremony and reception site(s)
- TIP: Some venues may not allow you to hang anything from the ceiling or walls so it’s best to check before ordering flowers!
- Research for and interview a few florists
- Book your favorite one!
- Order floral and schedule delivery
- Bouquets – bridesmaids and bridal
- Cocktail table flowers
- Flowers for the bar
- Aisle and ceremony decor
- Arch and altar decor
- Flower girl petals
- Flowers for cake
- Hair pieces
- Confirm floral order and drop off and teardown times with florist
OR CLICK THE BELOW IMAGES TO SAVE TO YOUR CAMERA ROLL
Be sure to check out our other planning checklists!
This list is comprised of a collection of Minnesota Photographers & Videographers that have open dates in the coming year...