If you are not getting married at a place of worship, you may need to book wedding officiant services. The good news is that there are ordained professionals out there who specialize in creating beautiful ceremonies! Keep scrolling for questions to ask when interviewing officiants as well as a Wedding Officiant Checklist and Timeline!
Questions to Ask Your Officiant
- Are you available for my wedding date?
- What are your fees?
- How many weddings does your company service in a day?
- Can I get a contract in writing?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- Can you share some reviews with me?
- How many years of experience do you have?
- How far in advance should I book with you?
- Do you have any additional travel fees?
- Can you share your officiant license with us?
- Can we see samples of previous weddings you’ve done?
- Can I personalize the ceremony?
- Will you attend the rehearsal?
- What is your officiating style?
- Will you help us write vows?
- How long is a typical ceremony?
- What do you wear for the ceremony?
- Will you file and fill out our marriage license?
- Do you do religious/non-religious ceremonies?
- What happens if you are sick or an emergency arises?
WEDDING OFFICIANT CHECKLIST + TIMELINE
- Interview officiants and book their services (if you do not have a priest, minister, or rabbi)
- Attend premarital classes if required by your officiant
- Check out The Wedding Guys Ceremony Songs Spotify Playlist to get inspired for your ceremony music
- Meet with officiant to go over the ceremony
- Decide if you will write your own vows or have them use a template
- Decide on readers and readings
- Choose ceremony music
- Determine the order of processional
- Purchase a marriage license
- Confirm officiant arrival time for rehearsal and wedding day
- Send your officiant a day-of schedule and floor plan layout
- Fill out marriage license with witnesses and officiant
- Have the officiant take the license to submit after the wedding
OR CLICK THE BELOW IMAGES TO SAVE TO YOUR CAMERA ROLL
Be sure to check out our other planning checklists!