A great wedding photographer will capture every detail of your day from your getting ready photos to your last dance of the night. When choosing a photographer, you want to pick someone talented that you can trust! Here are some questions to ask when booking your photographer as well as a Wedding Photography Checklist and Timeline.
Questions to Ask Your Wedding Photographer
- Are you available for my wedding date?
- If not, do you have an associate photographer that is?
- What deposit do you require? When is it due?
- When is the final payment due?
- How many weddings does your company service in a day?
- Can I get a contract in writing?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- Can you share some reviews with me?
- How far in advance should I book with you?
- Do you have any travel fees?
- What packages do you have available?
- Do you offer customized packages?
- Is a second shooter included?
- Is an engagement session included in your packages?
- How long have you been in business?
- How many weddings have you shot?
- How would you describe your photography style?
- How would you describe your working style?
- Do you have an updated portfolio I can see?
- Do you edit all of your own images?
- What breaks do you require?
- What time will you be on-site?
- Can I provide you with a shot list?
- How many final images will I get?
- How will the photos/video be delivered to me?
- Will I have full rights to the images?
- Do you provide image backup?
- Do you have equipment for taking indoor photos without natural lighting?
- Have you shot at my venue? Can I see examples if you have?
- If my event runs long, can you stay longer? Is there an extra charge?
- When do I get to see my photos/video? Will I receive a preview?
- Do you offer photo albums? Are they included in any packages?
- What is your backup plan if you are unable to shoot my wedding for any reason?
WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY CHECKLIST + TIMELINE
- Research photographers and different wedding photography styles
- Interview and select photographer
- TIP: Do this early, our market is very competitive!
- Have an engagement photo shoot
- Decide on photograph locations outside of ceremony and reception site to take pictures
- Create a shot list with your photographer
- Create a wedding day photo timeline
- Let the family know of starting time for photographs
- Prepare detail items for the photographer
- Invitation suite, heirlooms, shoes, accessories, rings, vow book
- Confirm arrival time
- Send the photographer a day-of schedule and floor plan layout
- Wear wedding rings during pre-ceremony photos, then hand off to Best Man before the ceremony
- Be the stars of the show!
OR CLICK THE BELOW IMAGES TO SAVE TO YOUR CAMERA ROLL
Be sure to check out our other planning checklists!
December 11th is #InternationalMountainDay and we’ve gathered up some jaw-dropping destination wedding venues to...